The groov EPIC unit monitors activity on the I/O port. If no communication is received for the specified interval, the unit assumes a Watchdog state. All selected outputs will then immediately go to a specified value, as configured in the Watchdog Timeout field for analog or digital points. The default time is set to 0 ms.
To configure the Watchdog Time, use PAC Control or groov Manage.
- If you use PAC Control, the Watchdog state time is configured in the Add Analog Point or Add Digital Point dialog boxes.
- If you use groov Manage, follow these 5 steps:
1. From groov Manage Home, select I/O.
2. Select I/O Unit Configuration and Tools.
3. From the I/O Unit menu, select Configuration to access the Watchdog Timeout (ms) setting.
NOTE: The default time is set to 0 ms.
4. Select the green number field to change the Watchdog timeout value (in milliseconds), for example 100.
|5. Select Save.|
For more information, see Form 2267, groov EPIC User's Guide.