Creating and Configuring a Strategy
Use PAC Control to create, download, and debug control strategies for groov EPIC and SNAP PAC controllers.
Creating a New Strategy
PAC Control Main Window
Configure, Debug, and Online Modes
Saving a Strategy
Adding and Configuring a Control Engine
Testing Communications to the Control Engine
Configuring an I/O Unit
Automatically Adding groov I/O Modules and Channels
Manually Adding a Module
Configuring Digital Input Points
Configuring Digital Output Points
Configuring Analog Input Points
Configuring Analog Output Points
Deleting Modules and Points
Testing the I/O in Debug Mode
Up Next: Working with Flowcharts
About this course
If you can draw some flowcharts to describe your control application, you can create and configure a strategy using PAC Control. In this course, you’ll learn how to build a strategy and debug it.
- Building strategies: Learn about the PAC Control main window, Configure, Debug and Online modes and how to create and save a strategy.
- Adding a control engine: Learn how to add and configure a control engine in PAC Control, and how to test the communications to the control engine.
- Quiz 1 (to test your knowledge)
- Adding I/O: Learn how to configure an I/O unit, including adding I/O modules, configuring analog and digital input and output points.
- Using Debug mode: Learn how to inspect, change the status, or set the internal values (IVALs) or external values (XVALs) in Debug mode.
- Quiz 2 (to test your knowledge)
Course Duration: ~30 min