Now that you have the controller and communication interface defined, the next step is to download this empty project to the controller. In this scenario, you'll have the controller scan the modules and detect the module types that are installed on the chassis.
Note: A device, the groov EPIC unit (GRV-EPIC-PR1) is also referred to as a POU (Program Organization Unit).
You'll learn how to:
- Download an empty project to a controller
- Add the groov I/O modules to the project
- Assign names to the I/O modules and their channels (Map the I/O)
- Update the module and controller firmware
- Define the Ethernet IP Address for the I/O
- Run the Empty Program (Play Mode)