In this scenario, you’ll use a standard project template to start creating your control program. Next, you'll define the controller, and then test communication to the controller from your computer.
Note: A device, the groov EPIC unit (GRV-EPIC-PR1) is also referred to as a POU (Program Organization Unit).
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a New Project Shell
- Name the project
- Define the type of device, the groov EPIC unit, and the programming language you’re going to use
- Configure the Hardware
- Define the Ethernet Adapter as the Communication Interface
- Define the module slots available for the groov EPIC
- Communicate to the groov EPIC Controller
Before you begin: Open the CODESYS Development System software on your Windows computer.