Useful data about equipment and processes is often trapped in the physical world.
To improve efficiency, we must move that data into the digital world—software—for tracking and analysis.
Each Automation 101 video explores a way to liberate the trapped data and move it to a variety of software applications to solve common problems and save you time and money.
You'll learn how to:
- Wire the sensor or actuator to I/O
- Configure the I/O in a control program
- Send data locally or to the cloud for storage and analysis
Specific solutions in this course include:
- How to Wire a Temperature Sensor (~6 min video)
- Temperature sensors can monitor temperature in key places like server rooms, so you can fix problems before your equipment fails.
- How to Wire a Proximity Sensor (~8 min video)
- Proximity sensors can give you machine data without ever touching equipment and without interfering in your process.
- How to Monitor Electricity (~9 min video)
- To understand your electrical usage and take steps to control it, you need data directly from your electric meter.
- How to Wire a Level Sensor (~9 min video)
- Get accurate tank level readings plus HART data through this one level sensor, using just two wires.
- How to Wire a Valve Actuator (~9 min video)
- Controlling the flow of heating and cooling water is a basic task for a building automation HVAC system.
Each lesson also contains a link to a webpage with part lists, technical documents and additional resources.